Follow Us on Twitter

Thursday, April 13, 2017

Hubert Wu wishes to have a self-composed songs


In 2010 (胡鴻鈞), Hubert Wu participated in The Voice 2 (超級巨聲2) and since then he has released 4 albums within seven years. He has left a great impression for singing many TVB theme songs and doing covers. Over the years, there isn't one song that reflects on himself.

With the nickname 'Theme Song Prince', Hubert has sung over 20 songs for TVB dramas and cartoon shows. Hubert was asked whether he had resisted himself from singing TVB theme songs? He said: "I have always wanted my own music. After all, theme songs are tailor-made for the dramas, but I do dream of having a song which represents me". He was asked if his company wants him to sing another TVB theme song, would he reject the offer? He said he would not reject the offer. As long as his company organises it, he would do his best to do well in it. He is indeed TVB's biological son.

TVB's other biological sons also include: Alfred Hui (許廷鏗), James Ng (吳業坤), Fred Cheng (鄭俊弘) and a few years ago all of them have had a concert at the Hong Kong Coliseum, but Hubert has yet to have a concert at the Hong Kong Coliseum. He admitted that he is envious: "I am not jealous, but I wouldn't lie if I say I'm envious. I do wish to have my own stage and these past years I have been reflecting on myself". Hubert dreams of having a concert of his own at the Hong Kong Coliseum and is afraid of not having enough songs, because most songs are TVB theme songs. There is no self-composed songs. He thought the only way to step foot into the Hong Kong Coliseum is to have many self-composed songs. He explained: "I do not want everyone to buy tickets and leaving the concert in disappointment. I've waited 7 years and I don't mind waiting a bit longer".

"7 years may not seem a long time, but it's definitely not short. In fact, how many 7 years are there in life? Since it's been 7 years, waiting another 8 or 9 years may not be much of a difference. I can wait". Hubert thinks doing something you enjoy and waiting for a long time is worth it. He also mentioned another singer, Phil Lam (林奕匡), he said: "He debuted three years earlier than me and everyone knows him well now. I remember when he wrote his song High mountain, low valley (高山低谷), he said it will be his final self-composed song. His dedication to his music has changed people around him". So Hubert is certain that one day he will receive a great reward. As for music, he will not set deadlines for himself and has never thought of withdrawing from the music industry.

Source: hk01 (HK)
Translated by: lucychoi559 @ Asian E-News Portal
http://www.asian-enews-portal.blogspot.com/
Please credit our website if you wish to repost the news. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment



Asian E-News Portal - http://www.asian-enews-portal.blogspot.com
Best Viewed in IE11, Mozilla Firefox 50 & Google Chrome 55

© Some Copyright Reserved 2014-2018.
Disclaimer: This website is not affiliated to TVB, ViuTV or HKTV.