Follow Us on Twitter

Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Derek Kok calls Michael Tao's acting exaggerated; Michael: I just filmed it casually


For their cable program I Cook Therefore I Am (我愛煮食男), hosts Michael Tao (陶大宇), Vivian Lau (劉明軒), and Elaine Wong (王曉君) invited David Siu (邵仲衡) and Derek Kok (郭政鴻) as guests on their new episode. The "three crabs" (三蟹) (referring to their characters' names in The Greed of Man) being reunited, remembered and greatly talked about the hardships and happiness during the filming of classic The Greed of Man (大時代), their twenty years of brotherly love was filled with understanding.

To accommodate Derek who loves eating crabs, Michael specifically created the dish Thai curry fried crab. Everyone greatly praised that the dish's look and taste is comparable to those at Thai restaurants. Derek said: "Having known Michael for many years, I didn't even know he knows how to cook, I thought he only knew how to act. Out of all our brothers, Michael's acting is the most exaggerated, every scenes filled with many different emotions, a really scene-stealing and outstanding role. Many of his scenes have become a classic today." Michael explained that he just casually filmed it and didn't purposely steal scenes, causing the whole scene to laugh.

Thanks Michael for giving him opportunities

But Derek expressed gratitude towards the popular Michael back then for taking special care of him: "Back then, the dialogues for my role weren't a lot. Michael took the initiative to split his dialogues for me to say, giving me more opportunities to unleash my acting skills. Even when reporters interviewed him, he would take the initiative to call me over to take photos together, allowing me to be on the news. Until today, I really appreciate him for giving me those opportunities." Michael smilingly said no matter what decision Derek makes, whether it's successful or not, he would still unconditionally support him, which shows how the two are both kind and righteous.

SourceON.CC (HK)
Translated by: chaierie @ Asian E-News Portal
http://www.asian-enews-portal.blogspot.com/
Please credit our website if you wish to repost the news. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment



Asian E-News Portal - http://www.asian-enews-portal.blogspot.com
Best Viewed in IE11, Mozilla Firefox 50 & Google Chrome 55

© Some Copyright Reserved 2014-2018.
Disclaimer: This website is not affiliated to TVB, ViuTV or HKTV.